Totara Social Release Notes

Totara Social 2.6 Released 7th April 2016

Yuliya Bozhko
Re: Totara Social 2.6 Released 7th April 2016
by Yuliya Bozhko - Tuesday, 12 April 2016, 10:03 AM

Hi Stephen,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I put together some answers and comments:

- Currently only text from status updates is displayed in Activity Stream. We are now also showing images attached to status updates and uploaded separately (through "Upload new files" page), as well as videos uploaded separately. When you said that posting videos "worked a couple of time on update status, then stopped working" - did you mean external videos? We don't display videos attached to status updates yet.

- Related to playing external videos in Activity stream. There seems to be some issues with the browsers on certain operating systems. I discovered yesterday that some browsers do autolinking of any URL that is being typed. Our code does autolinking as well, and as a result URLs are linked twise. I filed a bug and I am looking at this issue now. We will make sure to fix it in the early May release.

- The status bar for file uploading gives us a feedback from your system on how fast upload happens and it depends on your upload speed. This is actually an accurate representation based on the information the we get. However, after file is uploaded to the server, it also has to be registered in the system and this might be creating some visible delay. We will need to investigate what we can do about this.

- Adding images/files to Forums will be done through HTML editor. We discovered an issue around the file list paging in the patch that was supposed to be released and had to pull it out of the release to ensure that we don't introduce a serious bug along with the new feature.

- I am not sure I understand the issue around images on mobile "image comes through sideways on page". Would you by any chance have a screen shot for us?

- To make comments expanded by default would require changes in code as there is no way of controlling this through user interface.

- Making Acitivity Stream a primary place where information is displayed requires API and language string changes which we try to avoid in minor releases due to an impact it can have on the earlier releases of the same series. It is also important for us to get the right balance between showing little information and displaying too much information and as a result making page interface too noisy with something a user would not be interested in. We already have a similar issue filed for this and I will add your feedback as well to make sure we bump its priority.

It is really great to get feedback from someone trialing the system. I would suggest that you feel free to open helpdesk tickets if you come across any issues. Our triage team would then be able to assist you by reproducing the issue and filing a bug directly to our bug tracker so that our developers can start working on it straight away.

Yuliya