Totara Learn Open Discussions

European Data Security

? ?
European Data Security
by ? ? - Monday, 12 March 2018, 11:36 AM

Background:

For performance reasons my company plans to implement multiple synchronized servers, one in each subsidiary. However, I'm being told by my German colleagues that there are training topics for which the user and completion data must be retained entirely and exclusively in the EU, due to privacy concerns of allowing the data to reside in any other country. 

Question:

Is there a way keep specific user's profile and completion data on specific servers, either by category or some other means, while allowing the courses and audiences to be synchronized around the world?

? ?
Re: European Data Security
by ? ? - Tuesday, 17 April 2018, 3:14 PM

Hi Glen,

I haven't come across an implementation splitting data out in this way. Outside of setting up an entirely separate Totara site for that subsidiary, I suspect it would require custom code and database work to enforce a subset of the data only being maintained on one set of servers.  

My recommendation is to discuss this situation with a Totara Partner in your region, who can consult on and customize an implementation to meet those needs. https://www.totaralms.com/partners

Thanks!