Best practice forum (Archived)

Community accounts and forum notifications

Simon Coggins
Community accounts and forum notifications
by Simon Coggins - Sunday, 25 March 2018, 6:07 PM
Group Totara

It's been brought to our attention that the move to a combined Community and Academy has resulted in some changes to forum subscriptions that has meant some users have started getting emails related to forums from old, unused accounts. Below is some information regarding your account and how to manage it:

Why do I have a user account on the Totara Community?

The majority of users have created their accounts themselves by self-registering for a Totara Community or Totara Academy account. In some cases, Totara partners may have passed us details of staff from their paying Totara customers and requested that we created accounts on their behalf.

In some cases these accounts may have been created a long time ago, and have only just started receiving notifications due to recent changes to the structure of our community site.

How do I turn off email notifications?

If you want to stop emails from a specific forum topic, or an entire forum, follow the links in the footer of the email you received:

Screenshot of unsubscribe links

You will need to login to confirm the changes.

If you want to stop all emails from the Totara community, you can disable all notifications via your profile page:

1. Login to the community

2. Visit your preferences page

3. Click link "Notification preferences" link

4. Check "Disable Notifications"

How to I reset my account password?

If you can't remember your account login you can request a password reset by visiting this page:

https://login.totara.community/login/forgot_password.php

You can either provide your account's email address or username if you can remember it. If you can't remember, the account email will be the same as the "To" address in the notifications you are receiving from the site.

How do I deactivate or delete my account?

You can request that we suspend or delete your account by emailing support@totaralearning.com and providing either your email address or username for your account.

If we suspend your account you'll stop getting any emails but we can reactivate your account later. If we delete your account you won't be able to request reactivation later.