Totara Learn Open Discussions

Upload Course Completion data, but missing in Learning History

Larissa Taitl
Upload Course Completion data, but missing in Learning History
by Larissa Taitl - Wednesday, 4 April 2018, 4:43 AM
Group TXP Site Administrator

Hi everyone,

I'm new in a company and I am trying to get things right.

Goal: Uploading previous course completion data into totara. The course is already inactive, but we need to track this previous course completion data.

Someone uploaded course completion data from a previous system into totara and created courses without activities as a placeholder I guess.  Is this working correctly, do it needs at least one activity for the course completion setting? Under course completion settings stands "Completion information is not enabled for any activity, so none can be displayed. You can enable completion information by editing the settings for an activity." at the moment.

At the moment users learning records are not shown correctly in learning history. Some records are uploaded, some are still missing. I'm trying to find out, what went wrong. I checked the upload report also, but no errors are shown. 

Has someone an idea?

Thanks in advance!

Larissa

Vaida Holohan
Re: Upload Course Completion data, but missing in Learning History
by Vaida Holohan - Wednesday, 4 April 2018, 8:24 AM
Group 2022 Learner of the Year (Bronze)Group PartnersGroup TXP Site AdministratorGroup V18 Program Complete

Hi Larissa,

For the course completion to happen first you need to decide whether you would like the completions to appear as the evidence or as course record

Training records can be uploaded for:

1)      Courses that exist in Totara (uploaded training records will go to the user record of learning as courses)

2)      Courses that do not exist in Totara (uploaded training records will be create as evidence in the record of learning)

The course completion settings are only relevant for the activities that the learners will undertake in the LMS, the uploaded record is treated as RPL -recognition of prior learning and can only be uploaded at a course level.

You should check a few  samples of where the upload completion is not displaying in the learners record of learning and see if they are displaying in the evidence section.

The 'Course Import Report'  should always have a list of errors, and it is possible to see if the courses were uploaded as evidence of courses.

Hope this is useful!

Warm regards,

Vaida

Learning Technologist

Enovation - Your eLearning Partner

Larissa Taitl
Re: Upload Course Completion data, but missing in Learning History
by Larissa Taitl - Thursday, 5 April 2018, 6:43 AM
Group TXP Site Administrator

Hi Vaida,

thank you for your quick response. The courses must be there before, because the RPLs are not uploaded as evidences.

Unfortunately I didn't do the uploads this was done by my previous colleague, so I'm just looking for traces. I am surprised that the rpl complete status on SCO level was not transferred to the course level:

And no errors in the upload report is shown. This makes me wondering.

Thanks!

Larissa