Totara Learn Open Discussions

notification to competency's assessor

anuchit veerasiriyanon
notification to competency's assessor
by anuchit veerasiriyanon - Sunday, 8 April 2018, 5:49 AM
Group Partners

Hi Totara team,

please help to advise me as following queries:-

1. what additional role that need to be assigned to Assessor role if the staff manager assign Assessor to update his staff competency?

2. When will assesor be notify by Totara? Is there Task notification? and what is the sample notification message that the assessor will be notified?

3. on Learning plan - competency of the leaner page, the competency status that was updated by assessor is showing or not?

4. Where is the help documentation about compency update through assessor located?

Many Thanks,

Anuchit

Craig Eves
Re: notification to competency's assessor
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 9 April 2018, 9:23 PM
Group Totara

hi Anuchit

1. what additional role that need to be assigned to Assessor role if the staff manager assign Assessor to update his staff competency?

Not sure what you mean by Assessor role - there doesn't seem to be a standard role called assessor to modify, is this a role you created

2. When will assesor be notify by Totara? Is there Task notification? and what is the sample notification message that the assessor will be notified?

What is the assessor being assigned to - a learning plan, appraisal, feedback 

3. on Learning plan - competency of the leaner page, the competency status that was updated by assessor is showing or not? 

The permissions only apply to managers and learners in learning plans.

4. Where is the help documentation about competency update through assessor located?

https://help.totaralearning.com/display/TL10/Managing+Learning+Plans

Can you take some screenshots to help explain where you have assigned the assessor as not sure what you are trying to do,
anuchit veerasiriyanon
by anuchit veerasiriyanon - Monday, 9 April 2018, 10:14 PM
Group Partners
Hi Craig, Many Thanks for your reply.

The attached is screen short for your more understand my query.

This is a standard totara feature. The assessor role also a standard role name( refer from the last small pix)

The purpose to use this feature is:-

- assign an assessor to evaluate/update competency status of learner's competency

- this assigned assesor is assign by learner's manager

- how to get the 2nd competency evaluator rather than direct staff manager

Best regards,

Anuchit

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 10 April 2018, 9:18 PM
Group Totara
Hi Anuchit

Thanks for the document - I can see what you are meaning. I was looking at version 9 which doesn't have the assessor as a role but is a job assignment. 

Multiple job assignments were introduced in v9 so more than one manager/assessor can be assigned to a user but only one job assignment can be applied to a learning plan https://help.totaralearning.com/display/TL9/Upgrading+and+Using+Job+Assignments#UpgradingandUsingJobAssignments-LearningPlans 

So this means assigning more than one assessor to a learning plan isn't possible as a learning plan only supports one job assignment.

A copy of the Learning plan could be created for the second assessor to approve.

regards

anuchit veerasiriyanon
by anuchit veerasiriyanon - Tuesday, 10 April 2018, 9:57 PM
Group Partners

Hi Craig,

Many Thanks for your explanation. I am really appreciate that and know how to move on myself.

Best regards,

Anuchi