Totara Learn Open Discussions

How to display PPT instead of downlaond

Its me Rahul
How to display PPT instead of downlaond
by Rahul Kumar - Monday, 30 April 2018, 6:37 AM

Hii  Everyone,

I have attach a ppt ,or pps, or pssx, file have tried to attached with my course but when I click to open and its downloading , so I want display my ppt .

if anyone have any good suggestion , please comment below.

Craig Eves
Re: How to display PPT instead of downlaond
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 30 April 2018, 3:02 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rahul

To view a Powerpoint requires the user to have a Powerpoint viewer - this is no longer available from Microsoft.

To do this you can upload the Powerpoint file go through a third party site such as slideshare.net and select share and copy the embed code.

Go into Totara and create a Label or Page and select the HTML icon in the text editor and paste the code here, The Powerpoint should display in the label

regards

Its me Rahul
by Rahul Kumar - Tuesday, 1 May 2018, 3:39 AM

Hi Craig, 

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Its works now :)

Its me Rahul
by Rahul Kumar - Tuesday, 1 May 2018, 5:24 AM

Hi Craig, 

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Its works now :) I am pretty new to Totara LMS I have one more question how to assign a teacher to the seminar so that student can also see how is the teacher in seminar

I am attaching the snap shot below, please take a look

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 1 May 2018, 2:13 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rahul

It is possible to apply the trainer role at the seminar or event level. To apply the role at an event level Event roles needs to be allowed for the Trainer role as described in the linked documentation.

When the trainer role is applied to a user then the trainer name will show when a user signs up for the event as below.

regards

Its me Rahul
by Rahul Kumar - Wednesday, 2 May 2018, 1:06 AM

Hi Craig, 

Thanks for your help :) it is working now .

I want to know more thing, how to send a reminder to user. In my reminder I have set the feedback activity with question and also set the reminder but on my user page its not visible any reminder activity .

I am looking forward to hearing from you 

Have a nice day

Rahul kumar 

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 2 May 2018, 1:37 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rahul

The reminder gets sent to the users by email if the user hasn't met the condition for the reminder such as completion of an activity or course. 

Details of setting up reminders and also a further reminder (escalation) are detailed here

regards

Its me Rahul
by Rahul Kumar - Thursday, 3 May 2018, 12:52 AM

Thank you.

I will look into it 

Its me Rahul
by Rahul Kumar - Sunday, 6 May 2018, 4:28 AM

Hello Carig, 

can you help me to customized user menu, because I want add new link in the user menu for example test that should link to the page of admin site and menu tab should only appear in the user menu not in the admin .

I have manage to add some on user menu by using external link but I would like to add new by using site admin link .

I am attaching the image , please find the attachment.

Regards

Rahul

Its me Rahul
by Rahul Kumar - Wednesday, 9 May 2018, 5:18 AM

HI carig, 

I would like to remove footer from my site.

please can you tell me how can I  remove red circle footer  , I am attaching the snap short of it .

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 10 May 2018, 6:58 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rahul

There are quite a few changes to the way themes are implemented in version 9 and above. These are detailed in the public developer documentation. 

Themes can be overridden a number of ways. For minor changes to a theme such as the footer see the overwriting CSS file . This requires modifying the style of the footer element in the custom CSS setting in the Basis theme

regards

Its me Rahul
by Rahul Kumar - Friday, 11 May 2018, 4:57 AM

Hi Carig, 

Thank for your suggest, I have fixed my issue.

but now I am stuck on the new one.

I have established a chat session between teacher, admin and learner, but if student send a text message via chat so teacher(vice-versa) is not getting the notification, every time teacher have to go into chat activity to see chat.

I would like to know that how to notify teacher or student if anyone chat to each other.

My second question is how to display blog in the dash board and if someone comment in the blog so the blog owner should get notification .

Thank you so much 

Regards

Rahul 

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 13 May 2018, 5:41 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rahul

For the notification of a chat session there doesn't seem to be a direct way of doing this using the standard chat module.

It is possible to create a forum in the course (news type) and autosubscribe and make announcement of chat times there there.

It is also possible to add chat session times to the calendar - users can subscribe to calendar events to get reminders.

Some of the third party chat/web conferencing plugins that can integrate with Totara may also have notification features.

As far as the blog goes - documentation on enabling blogs and external blogs  include creating an RSS feed for the blog . Adding the recent blog entry block to the dashboard should show the content. Not sure about getting a notification of an entry on blog - I can't see this option under notifications.

regards

Its me Rahul
by Rahul Kumar - Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 2:33 AM

Hi Carig, 

Thanks for you help.

Now I am start learning about reporting and I have one question how to customized the source of report . In my report I have select a source is "COURSE" , in the source column there is no user name field available and I would like to add the user name in my  report , how can I do that as you see in the image below I have all the column related with course and want to display the user name as well.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 7:19 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rahul

There is a guide to developing report sources - including adding a column - this provides the basics and is still a work in progress.

regards

Its me Rahul
by Rahul Kumar - Thursday, 17 May 2018, 9:09 AM

Hi Carig,

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you tell me , where I have to add this code to add a block in my report, because I have no idea in which file I have to add the code.

My next question is How to install a plugin in Tatara.

I have download the plugin called anderspink and it contains a complete folder with different file , so please can you tell me which file I have to copy in which folder in my wwwroot  in totara. I would also like to know that on which link i can totara plugin.

How to check plugin is update in my lms. I am attaching a snapshot below for plugin , PFA

Regards

Rahul 

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 20 May 2018, 7:01 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rahul

If you copy the anderspink files to the blocks folder in your Totara install and then rename the folder to anderspink and go back into Totara the block will b be installed and then content added to the block in Totara.

Its me Rahul
Error in plugin installation
by Rahul Kumar - Tuesday, 22 May 2018, 12:19 AM

Hi carig, 

I have manage to install my anderpink plugin, but when I have tried to install some theme plugin its shows an error.

I am also putting the plugin dir into /opt/wwwroot/blocks dir. I have tried to install the theme plugin such as Essential, Adaptable, Aadvark but in all three I have got the same error.

Please find the image.

Thanks in advance .

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Rahul

Craig Eves
Re: Error in plugin installation
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 22 May 2018, 1:53 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rahul

These themes are third party themes designed for Moodle that Totara does not provide support for.

The theming has changed quite a bit in Totara and  the Bootstrapbase theme has been deprecated in version 9 and removed in version 10 due to conflicts between Bootstrap 2 and 3.

An explanation of the changes and how to develop themes is provided at https://help.totaralearning.com/display/DEV/Totara+LMS+9+approach+to+theme+management

regards

Its me Rahul
by Rahul Kumar - Wednesday, 23 May 2018, 12:51 AM

Hi Carig, 

Thank you so much for your help and support.

I have understood, that I have to use bootstrap 3 to create my own themes or edit but I would like to know how to edit code and what are the tools I need to download to edit the code and as far I have understand Totara so for to edit code I need some LDAP account.

because at present I am using ec2-user on aws on puttty client and winscp. if I am edit the file in putty it doesn't reflect any changes so please can you guide me in how to edit code and 

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 24 May 2018, 5:47 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rahul

The Totara code is able to be accessed by your partner. Each partner has an internal key contact who is able to create users and assign them rights to download code. in your case your key contact is  Helene Anderson.

Once the code downloaded then you can use whatever tools you are familiar with to edit the code for your new theme.

regards

Its me Rahul
by Rahul Kumar - Friday, 25 May 2018, 12:21 AM

Thank you Carig.

I will contact to Helena. 

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 10 May 2018, 6:34 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rahul

To make menu items visible to specified people you need to create a custom access rule  and make this visible to a specified audience.