Totara Learn Open Discussions

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Tuesday, 3 July 2018, 2:41 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
me
Re: Automated Reminders
by George Angus - Tuesday, 3 July 2018, 6:06 PM
Group Totara
Hi Calvin,

In order to activate the reminders you are talking about you need to add a Feedback activity to the course.  The period is absolute days (not just weekdays). If you put the course into a program you could use the messaging functionality there too. 

Can you tell me exactly what you want your users to receive in terms of updates? There's some general guidance on the calendar here.

cheers,

George.

This forum post has been removed
Monday, 9 July 2018, 1:05 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Austen Sinclair
by Austen Sinclair - Monday, 9 July 2018, 5:16 PM
Group PartnersGroup TXP Site AdministratorGroup V18 Program Complete
Hi Calvin,
We use a plug-in called Re-engagement that can be set to send messages based on course level activities - in your case you could set to send a message 5 days before due date but only if the learner has not already completed the activity. 
You'll need to talk with your partner and they'll find the following link useful,  https://github.com/catalyst/moodle-mod_reengagement) 
Cheers
Austen
me
by George Angus - Monday, 9 July 2018, 7:01 PM
Group Totara

Hi Calvin,

A program is a structured collection of courses, as outlined here, which can be presented to a specific Audience, group or individual Learners.

A program can consist of one, or multiple courses.

Program messaging is an integral part of the program functionality; its possible to set multiple daily Course set due or Program due messages.

However the Due-date messaging is predicated on course completion, so if the activities you want reminders to go out for don't trigger course completion then it won't work, if that's the case it might be worthwhile investigating Austen's Catalyst plugin - we don't support 3rd Party plugins, but Catalyst has been working very closely with Totara for over six years.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if I haven't been clear.

cheers,

George.