Totara Learn Open Discussions

Same course in PROGRAM and CERTIFICATION

Martin Simcik
Same course in PROGRAM and CERTIFICATION
door Martin Simcik - Monday, 13 August 2018, 07:18 AM

Hi all, 

I need an advice how to solve the situation when I have the same course in program and also certifiaction. Please consider the basic assumption that I need the course to be included in the program as well as the certification. 

Scenario

I have course "AML" which is part of Onboarding PROGRAM but this course should be done every year, so it is also part of CERTIFICATION. When employee finish the "AML" course the certification will reset its state to not started, which is correct behaviour. In "Onboarding program" this course will showed as not started despite it was finished few days ago. Finally the employee can not finish "Onboarding program" because of certfication behavior. This is just the example, I have much more similiar situations. 

Do you have any idea how to provide that program will be finished despite of course reset? Or any other suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks for any help. 

Martin

Craig Eves
Re: Same course in PROGRAM and CERTIFICATION
door Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 21 August 2018, 20:26 PM
Groep Totara

Hi Martin

I can't think of anything that will prevent the course from being reset for the Certification and not the program as there is only one copy of the course even though it is in a program and certification.

One way to achieve this could be to have a dummy course in the program and when the course is completed in the Certification then add RPL to the dummy course in the program so it is recorded as being passed.

Regards 

Martin Simcik
Re: Same course in PROGRAM and CERTIFICATION
door Martin Simcik - Wednesday, 22 August 2018, 23:57 PM

Hi Craig, thanks for you reply.  I was considering the same solution which you suggest.

Thanks

Martin