Totara Learn Open Discussions

Due dates for groups of programs

? ?
Due dates for groups of programs
von ? ? – Tuesday, 28 August 2018, 12:38 PM

Hi everyone, firstly my apologies if this has been discussed previously (I couldn't find anything specific).  I would like some advice on the following scenario

I want to assign users to multiple programs that are all due to be completed at the same time i.e. 6mths, BUT only allow each subsequent program to be "released" to the user, once the previous program has been completed.

Currently we use dynamic audiences to release each program as the previous one is completed, without due dates (to prevent the overall time from being extended past  the set period.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.  

Craig Eves
Re: Due dates for groups of programs
von Craig Eves (Totara Support) – Tuesday, 28 August 2018, 6:35 PM
Gruppe Totara

Hi Belinda

I think you are on the right track with an audience based on completion of a program to enrol users on the subsequent program.

If you add to each program the Available Until value of six months time then this should be able to restrict access to the programs after that date as described in the help text below.

This option allows you to hide your program completely.

It will not appear on any program listings, except to administrators.

Even if learners try to access the program URL directly, they will not be allowed to enter.

If you set the Available from and Available until dates, learners will be able to find and enter the program during the period specified by the dates but will be prevented from accessing the program outside of those dates.

Regards