Best practice forum (Archived)

Certifications Woes

Christina Morejon
Certifications Woes
by Christina Morejon - Saturday, 17 November 2018, 10:14 AM

Certifications are turning out to be way more trickier than i expected.   is there a mass completion editor somewhere?  or is it individual?

Also, i had to change the due by date in my certification to give more time for people to complete it and i wanted to send out a message reminder but it wouldnt go out...what am i doing wrong?  is there a way to force the Cert to send out a message?

thanks in advance

Christina

Craig Eves
Re: Certifications Woes
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 18 November 2018, 5:51 PM
Group Totara

Hi Christina

Have you got a fixed due date for the Certification or is it based on an event. 

If it is a fixed date then Adding a Program due message to the Certifaction so many days before the due date should send the message to everyone in the program.

regards

Christina Morejon
by Christina Morejon - Monday, 19 November 2018, 5:38 AM

Hi Craig

its based on a fixed due date but i was asked to extend the due date so i changed it on the day it was due.  would that be why i couldnt get it to go out?

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 19 November 2018, 3:33 PM
Group Totara

Hi Christina

Yes I think so - the soonest time for the program due message to be sent is one day before the program is due so the message wouldn't be triggered as it's already after this date.

Can you also check under Site Admin > Advanced features that the messaging system is enabled. This is required to be enabled  for any program messages to be sent out.