Totara Learn Open Discussions

Changing the Home link on Navigation block

WalukMax
Changing the Home link on Navigation block
WalukMax 发表于 2018年11月30日 Friday 09:29

The home link on the navigation block currently directs to the front page of the LMS. The way our system is set up this makes no sense to the user as the "Home" page is actually their dashboard. I asked our Totara partner about this and they indicated to me it was part of the core and could not be changed or hidden. Other than that one issue the navigation block is extremely beneficial and necessary for our users. I would like to know if changing this link is possible now without making core changes, or if the block will be updated to allow changes in a future release.

??
Re: Changing the Home link on Navigation block
?? 发表于 2018年12月18日 Tuesday 12:29

Hi Max,

I'm not aware of a way to reset that Home link in the Navigation block outside of code customization. I checked in version 12 and it still behaves the same way. I recommend posting in Suggest Features as it would be a helpful update!

Thank you!

WalukMax
WalukMax 发表于 2018年12月18日 Tuesday 13:08

That is the answer I expected. I will be sure to post it in the other forum. Thanks for the response!

PappasPeter
PappasPeter 发表于 2018年12月18日 Tuesday 22:11

Hi Max,

The "Home" link can be set to hidden and a "Dashboard" link can be created and set to visible via "Main Menu" customization.

We have been doing this on our LMS since about version 9.

WalukMax
WalukMax 发表于 2018年12月19日 Wednesday 05:21

I am referring to the home link on the navigation block, not on the main menu.

Stephen Catton
CattonStephen 发表于 2019年02月8日 Friday 03:59

We would like to be able to do this as well.

If the Dashboard is the landing page the Home link in the navigation is just confusing

Cheers

Stephen