Totara Learn Open Discussions

Organization fullname field exports as HTML

Peter Pappas
Organization fullname field exports as HTML
by Peter Pappas - Wednesday, 12 December 2018, 1:55 AM

Hi Totara folks,

Is there a way to keep the Organization Name from exporting as HTML when using the Organization report source in Version 12.

I tried both Excel and CSV but the markup is still exporting in the fields.

Thank you,

Peter

Craig Eves
Re: Organization fullname field exports as HTML
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 13 December 2018, 12:59 PM
Group Totara

Hi Peter

The hierarchy field does appear as a hyperlink when exported. 

To get a text field in the organisation hierarchy you need to use the short name field. By default the Display Hierarchy shortnames is turned off under Advanced features so needs to be turned on.

The shortname field is a text field in the report and also can be used for update in HR Import.

Regards

Peter Pappas
Re: Organization fullname field exports as HTML
by Peter Pappas - Friday, 14 December 2018, 1:11 AM

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the reply. I have found a work around for the problem of the fullname exporting as a hyperlink by exporting directly from the Organizations framework. The Organization framework and the Positions framework are changed in version 12 to export in exactly the format I need. 

I have removed our user created report based on the report source for organizations and positions. 

We Export all the organization fields as well as positions over to our HR import tool and then back again during HR Import so that any changes made can be captured.

We are actually getting data about employees from two external sources as well to combine and import back during HR import daily.

Peter