Totara Learn Open Discussions

Customizing an embedded report

Dennette Moul
Customizing an embedded report
by Dennette Moul - Tuesday, 5 March 2019, 10:19 AM

I have edited/customized the report "Seminars: Events attendees'" (Totara 11.7) and the appropriate added fields are showing on the report for all individuals that have site manager role with system context, however, the added fields (the email address and a customized field) are not displaying on the report for folks that have the site manager/editor trainer/course creator role in a category context.

It appears that it is most likely a permissions issue, however, I cannot find any permission that impacts the display for those with a category only role.

Does anyone have any suggestions that will allow this edited report to display appropriately for category context only roles?

thanks,

Dennette Moul

Director, Human Resource Services

Dickinson College

Craig Eves
Re: Customizing an embedded report
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 5 March 2019, 7:22 PM
Group Totara

Hi Dennette

I think this is related to the display of personal data such as email not being allowed for roles except site admin rather than the category permissions.

Are you able to create a ticket on helpdesk,totaralms.com so we can investigate this further - include settings that affect the display such showuseridentity and visibility setting in the custom field and any changes you have made to the standard roles. 

regards

Craig Eves
Re: Customizing an embedded report
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 7 March 2019, 4:25 PM
Group Totara

Hi Denette

On further investigation for the email address column to show the Users must have the "moodle/site:viewuseridentity" capability however they must have it at the system level

and that capability is only ever given at the course level. 

We will create a ticket to fix this.

regards
Craig