Totara Learn Open Discussions

How to complete quiz as site admin?

? ?
How to complete quiz as site admin?
by ? ? - Wednesday, 20 March 2019, 7:15 AM

Hi,

My role is site administrator but I also take part in some of the courses offered on our Totara-site. A problem I have though is that even though I am enrolled in a course, I can only preview its quiz. I can't take the quiz and have it marked completed, which in turns affects course completion.

Is there a way to overcome this besides creating a separate learner profile? I.e. to take part in a course as a learner even though I am a site admin.?

? ?
Re: How to complete quiz as site admin?
by ? ? - Wednesday, 20 March 2019, 2:57 PM

Hi Gustav,

You will need to create a second account as a learner to have appropriate access. Because Site Administrator is a system-wide role, there is not a way to limit your access at the course-level. 

Thanks!

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 20 March 2019, 3:08 PM
Group Totara

Hi Gustav

To test the course completion the user needs to take the quiz in a graded role. The Learner role is a graded role the Admin role isn't a graded role.

If you enrol the admin in the course as a Learner and then use the 'Switch role to Learner' then the quiz should appear in the gradebook as it has been taken in the Learner role.

It might be simpler to create a test account as a Learner

regards

? ?
by ? ? - Thursday, 21 March 2019, 1:33 AM

Thank you for your help! Switching my role to learner helped and accomplished what I wanted to do.

I agree having a separate learner account would be ideal but all user accounts come from our AD user databse.