Totara Learn Open Discussions

Switch Role question

Larry Mitipelo
Switch Role question
di Larry Mitipelo - Monday, 13 January 2020, 15:57
Gruppo Most Helpful Contributor 2021Gruppo Most Helpful Contributor 2022Gruppo Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi,

I'm a site admin on V12.

I'm sure in the past I've set up pages and left the visability at no users while I'm developing it and switch roles to the learner role to view the page.

When I tried it today I got a "This course is currently unavailable to learners" message.

If I change the visability to enrolled users and then enrol my site admin user profile I can then switch roles to learner.

I haven't had to do this in the past.

I can't work out what's changed or if I'm missing something obvious (it is early in the year)

Any suggestions/answers?

thanks

Craig Eves
Re: Switch Role question
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 13 January 2020, 17:06
Gruppo Totara

Hi Larry 

With Audience based visibility turned on. and the course available to no users - then users won't be able to see the course unless they have the View hidden courses capability allowed. The Learner role doesn't have this by default.

Regards

Larry Mitipelo
Re: Switch Role question
di Larry Mitipelo - Monday, 13 January 2020, 18:47
Gruppo Most Helpful Contributor 2021Gruppo Most Helpful Contributor 2022Gruppo Most helpful contributor 2023

thanks Craig.

I was just sure I had been logged in as Site Admin in the past and been able to switch to learner without having to change the visability from No Users.

Probably just my mind playing tricks on me.