Totara Learn Open Discussions

Dashboards edited by specific non-systemadmin users

Irma Boks-Eek
Dashboards edited by specific non-systemadmin users
de Irma Boks-Eek - Wednesday, 15 de January de 2020, 08:40
Grupo 2022 Learner of the Year (Silver)Grupo PartnersGrupo TXP Site AdministratorGrupo V18 Program Complete

Hi there!

we have a client who would like to use the dashboards. Now they would like to give the responsibility to edit and keeping up to date for these dashboards to a few people who do not have admin rights in other parts of the system. All users will be allowed to see these dashboards but only a few should be able to edit.

Is anyone using the dashboards in this way? And how did you give those people the appropiate roles/rights?

I've tried to find the answer myself, but haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks in advance!

Irma

Craig Eves
Re: Dashboards edited by specific non-systemadmin users
de Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 15 de January de 2020, 17:15
Grupo Totara

Hi Irma

There is a capability 'manage dashboards'  that you can allow by editing the role that you want to be able to edit dashboards.

Regards

Irma Boks-Eek
de Irma Boks-Eek - Thursday, 16 de January de 2020, 01:27
Grupo 2022 Learner of the Year (Silver)Grupo PartnersGrupo TXP Site AdministratorGrupo V18 Program Complete

That helps a lot Craig, thanks!

Is there something simular for users to be allowed to edit the start page, but have no rights on the rest of the system? 

Craig Eves
de Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 20 de January de 2020, 14:10
Grupo Totara

Hi Irma

There doesn't seem to be a permission for editing the start page.

There is a setting under navigation settings to 'Allow default page selection' that can be unticked this would mean they would be able to edit the default dashboard but not be able to create another dashboard.  I am not sure if this was what you were wanting as this is a bit limited.

Regards