Totara Learn Open Discussions

Applying ad hoc credits - thoughts

Angela Rosin
Applying ad hoc credits - thoughts
by Angela Rosin - Wednesday, 19 February 2020, 3:52 AM

I'm a new Totara site admin. What are people's thoughts on the best way to add additional credits to staff?

We have a scheme where staff can award extra cpd credits to staff who they feel have helped them. It's not quite mentoring. We have a system where staff nominate another member, then this person gets a credit, up to a limit.

I was thinking of adding a course with a form, then an admin adds credits once the submission is checked. The nominator details stored on log in, nominee through a text box, reason likewise. Then admin checks the details and adds the credit.

Am I missing something neater?

Craig Eves
Re: Applying ad hoc credits - thoughts
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 19 February 2020, 3:37 PM
Group Totara

Hi Angela

Creating a course that all staff are enrolled in to record CPD would keep everything together and only allow staff to access.

The course could have an Assignment added - a staff member would submit an assignment with the nominated staff member details and any text or file to support this.

The Assignment would be looked at by the admin and the nominated staff member assigned the grade by the admin.

If there is a point system for completion of CPD then a course custom field  can be assigned for a score value for the course. 

A program can be created with a minimum score required from a set of courses to complete the program. 

Let me know if you have any questions on this suggestion?

Regards

Angela Rosin
Re: Applying ad hoc credits - thoughts
by Angela Rosin - Tuesday, 25 February 2020, 8:20 AM

Thank you, I'll take a look and let you know.