Totara Learn Open Discussions

Approving 3rd Party e-learning content

Mark Parrish
Approving 3rd Party e-learning content
by Mark Parrish - Monday, 24 February 2020, 2:42 AM
Group Partners

Hi All 

We have a number of online courses in our catalogue that are available on a pay per click basis from third party providers. Ideally we would like a request/approve process similar to the seminar workflow. Is there anything in v12 that allows this, or has anyone come up with a good workaround? 

me
Re: Approving 3rd Party e-learning content
by George Angus - Monday, 24 February 2020, 3:00 PM
Group Totara

Hi Mark,

You could try using the Learning plan functionality. Can you provide more details of your set-up? 

cheers,

George.

Mark Parrish
by Mark Parrish - Tuesday, 25 February 2020, 4:04 AM
Group Partners

Hi George 

We're using v12, with some courses available as either pay by PayPal or manual enrolment.  Only admins can enrol learnerso n these courses, although I'd be delighted if managers could approve a request. 

Are you suggesting we give everybody a "Paid for content" Learning Plan to which they add 'paid for courses' for their manger to approve? 

Mark 

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 25 February 2020, 3:01 PM
Group Totara

Hi Mark,

I was just thinking about a mechanism which already existed for manager approval, I dont think it necessarily means you'd need a separate LP.

cheers,

George.

Kevin Hayes
by Kevin Hayes - Tuesday, 25 February 2020, 6:22 AM

For courses which have have a billable component we use Enrolment Keys.  Learners cannot enrol without the key and issuing the keys is a separate process which enables off-line or online approval to the courses.  We have modified the enrolment key function so that for a single course multiple keys can be issued with each key being able to be used "n" times for enrolment. 

Mark Parrish
by Mark Parrish - Tuesday, 25 February 2020, 9:11 AM
Group Partners

Thanks Kevin - I'll have a look and see if that works for us, but it sounds like a good idea!