Totara Learn Open Discussions

Seminar trainer confirmation - Not sending emails

Cecil Bergwin
Seminar trainer confirmation - Not sending emails
by Cecil Bergwin - Tuesday, 6 October 2020, 7:43 AM

Hi All,

I've setup the below notification.

Seminar trainer confirmationSend a confirmation email to a user when they are assigned the Trainer event role. Assigned Trainer.Assigning a Trainer.

However... it seems like the trainer how is assigned to the session isn't receiving notifications by email, is there something I've missed apart from setting the notification active and the status marked checked box?

Thanks

Craig Eves
Re: Seminar trainer confirmation - Not sending emails
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 6 October 2020, 4:01 PM
Group Totara

Hi Cecil

This is the way the notification is supposed to work

Can you confirm that there is a trainer selected for the event role for the session rather than the trainer being assigned to the seminar activity?

Regards

Cecil Bergwin
by Cecil Bergwin - Wednesday, 7 October 2020, 12:58 PM

Hi Craig,

It seems we have a custom field when creating an event where we choose from selected trainers to populate the trainer viewble column on the event.

But... indeed I don't think the trainer has been assigned that role, we will double check this as it makes perfect logic.

Just to confirm, where would this option be assigned as my current partial admin role does not show the trainer roles when I choose to ass, all I currently see is "Learner, Atendees, Assesor", just wanted to clarify when I speak to our top level admin.

Thanks as always.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 8 October 2020, 2:52 PM
Group Totara

Hi Cecil

Event roles for the trainer need to be added in the Seminar Global settings 

Once they have been added then trainers can then be selected for the seminar event when it is created (at the bottom of the event settings screen).

Regards