Totara Engage Open Discussions

Introducing Totara Engage webinar - recording link and Q&A

Meredith Henson
Introducing Totara Engage webinar - recording link and Q&A
by Meredith Henson - Tuesday, 27 October 2020, 7:59 AM
Group Totara

Hi all,

For those of you unable to attend, the recording of the session Fostering collaboration, curation and engagement with Totara Engage is available for review.

Please find below answers to those questions Matt and I didn't have time to respond to during the session.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post right here in the Totara Engage Open Discussions forum.

Is there a way to embed live teams video on the actual lms or you have to run it through the teams app ?

You can embed videos within courses on Totara Learn and Totara Engage and then access them through the MS Team app.

How to assign Continuous Education (CE) credits to activities in Engage? When are CE credits awarded?

You can’t currently assign CE credits to resources or playlists in Engage - outside of using Tags or Topics.  I’d encourage you to log a new feature suggestion with us, describing how you might want to use Totara Engage to capture ongoing development.

Is this [MS Teams] integration also in the teams app on mobile?

Totara Mobile currently only works alongside Totara Learn.  We will be looking at how we can support Totara Engage (and the MSTeams integration) and Totara Perform in future releases of the app.

Can you brand the MS Teams app?

You sure can - there’s a section on this in the Help Documentation which describes the various colour/brand options:  https://help.totaralearning.com/display/TH13/Totara+application+for+Microsoft+Teams 

Could we limit the sharing of playlists to just a person's team within their organizational hierarchy?... Example--could a school principal be limited to only sharing a playlist with his/her faculty, rather than allowing them to share with all users across the state

At this stage, you can’t limit sharing to an organizational hierarchy although you could use the multi-tenancy functionality to group and limit sharing to associated users.

Victoria Wright
Re: Introducing Totara Engage webinar - recording link and Q&A
by Victoria Wright - Tuesday, 10 November 2020, 5:41 AM

Hi

I see from the above that you can embed webinar's/video's to courses, can you please tell me how to and if this is available on Totara 12?

Many thanks

Victoria

Rachel Griffith-Boyes
Re: Introducing Totara Engage webinar - recording link and Q&A
by Rachel Griffith-Boyes - Tuesday, 10 November 2020, 9:14 AM
Group Totara

Hi Victoria,

In this case, we use a book activity to present our webinars, which is hosted in a course. Each webinar is a different chapter in the book. 

To display the video, we add the YouTube embed code to the chapter content.

If you'd like to know more, we have an Academy course on Course resources which includes how to create a book activity. 

Hope that helps!

Rachel