Best practice forum (Archived)

Recertification pathway

Tristan Oliver
Recertification pathway
by Tristan Oliver - Thursday, 12 November 2020, 1:35 AM

Hello, 

I'm a newb here, and pretty new to using Totara. I have a question about re-certifications.

I am creating a quiz in Adapt as a SCORM package to be uploaded to a re-certification. This is on Health and Safety.

Staff have to be re-trained every 3 years, so we are setting up a quiz for them to take to show their knowledge and therefore avoid having to go through basic training again.

I want to set it up so that on Totara there is a pathway that is-

• Pass the quiz, it is all good, Record of Learning is updated, they then have the re-cert window re set for another 3 years (which I think I have done using Fixed expiry date etc).
  • If they fail first attempt at quiz they get a second attempt to pass (lets say 10 out of 12 is the pass mark)
  • If they fail the second attempt also, they are then assigned the original certification course of basic training, which includes a Skills Assessment and needs to be completed within a short time frame to ensure they are safe to continue working

I'm not sure how to get this to work, any help or insight would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tristan