Totara Learn Open Discussions

Send a message/email to specific usergroup?

Jonathan Olsson
Send a message/email to specific usergroup?
di Jonathan Olsson - Monday, 23 November 2020, 07:00

Hi,

I'm trying to achieve a way to send a message/email to specific users (learner from specific organization that is not completed on course x), and thought that I could use the enrolment message in a program to send the information based on an dynamic audience built on the above criteria. 

But to do that with a "clean message" I need to remove the totara_message viewdetailshere string (default in en language pack is: More details can be found at:<br /><br /><a href="{$a}">{$a}</a>) from a specific context or message - then I could send out program related messages that does not include that string and manually add relevant links.

Is there any way to specify that this string is not included in messages sent from program? Is that string used in other email/messages going out?

The totara installation I'm working with in this case does not use the program message function in any other way so it would not interfere with other program messages...

But maybe there is a better way to achieve my objective? Any ideas?

Regards,

Jonathan Olsson

Craig Eves
Re: Send a message/email to specific usergroup?
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 24 November 2020, 17:39
Gruppo Totara

Hi Jonathan 

It is possible to send messages to an audience through bulk user action. If you filter by the audience and then select 'Send a message' in the With selected users 

Regards