Totara Learn Open Discussions

Site Log report

Victoria Wright
Site Log report
di Victoria Wright - Wednesday, 2 December 2020, 03:51

Hi

Bit of a random question, I have someone who has set up a site log report - however when they go into the columns tab  there is the following that is automatically there 'Other Info', It's like it's pre-set. Can someone please let me know what it is for and is it needed, because if I leave this in the columns then the report doesn't generate and times out. If however I remove it the report runs fine.

Many thanks

Victoria

Craig Eves
Re: Site Log report
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 2 December 2020, 16:50
Gruppo Totara

Hi Victoria

The 'Other info' columns contains all of the values that are stored in the site log event. almost all of these are shown in other available colums eg the course name .

Unless you have information that is not included in the other columns then this can be excluded as a column. For this information to be useful you need to filter this and it sounds like this isn't possible unless you delete some of the site log records.

regards

Victoria Wright
di Victoria Wright - Thursday, 3 December 2020, 00:29

Hi

Sorry, you say "The 'Other info' columns contains all of the values that are stored in the site log event. almost all of these are shown in other available colums eg the course name" - How do I know what isn't shown?

So in theory - If they can get all the information they need by adding the relevant columns then they can remove it from this report? 

Many thanks

Victoria

Craig Eves
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 3 December 2020, 14:37
Gruppo Totara

Hi Victoria

I have browsed through the site logs and the information under Other info is pretty well captured in the description field. The other info filed provides more detail such as the full coursename and short course name whereas the Description field just has the course number and the coursename is also in the Course Name column.

So the information from the Other info is distributed among the other columns in a more human readable form 

Regards