Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Audience - Landing Page

Sue Blake
Audience - Landing Page
by Sue Blake - Thursday, 17 December 2020, 3:34 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site Administrator

We use Version 12 and are now looking at giving access to Totara for a group of non-payroll learners (agency, contractors and visiting scientists).  They will need to access a small core of content around Health and Safety and Compliance.  

They have been set up as a Dynamic audience and I have created a dashboard specifically for them.  

What I don't know how to do is get this group of learners to automatically be taken to their specific dashboard when they login and not to our main staff front page.

Can anyone help?

Sue

Stephen Catton
Re: Audience - Landing Page
by Stephen Catton - Thursday, 17 December 2020, 5:21 AM

Hi Sue

I hope you are well.

As I understand it, It is the order of the dashboards that is important. Users will see the first Dashboard that they qualify for. If the 'Standard' Dashboard that allows everyone to see it, is above the audience specific one then the 'Standard' Dashboard is the one that they will see.

I hope that helps

Stephen

Sue Blake
by Sue Blake - Thursday, 17 December 2020, 6:16 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site Administrator

Hi Stephen, hope all well with you too.

What I'm trying to do is stop them going to the Main Menu home page that we have configured as the landing page.  Under the Main Menu setting under Navigation it is the first item called Home on our system.

I had tried what you've mentioned about moving the Dashboard to the top of the list but when I tested it as one of these users it still takes them to our main home page first.

Maybe it is something in how we have had our system configured by our Totara partner perhaps.

Sue

Stephen Catton
by Stephen Catton - Thursday, 17 December 2020, 7:17 AM

If you have set the "Default home page for users" to Totara dashboard then it should work.

You may have to create a Dashboard for everyone else.

Sue Blake
by Sue Blake - Friday, 18 December 2020, 3:57 AM

Thanks for the tip Stephen, that does appear to work differently when I change it to the Totara dashboard.  I'll play around a bit more with it in our test system.