Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

External Scorms won't register completion

Paul Lowndes
External Scorms won't register completion
by Paul Lowndes - Tuesday, 5 January 2021, 5:49 AM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2021

Hello, we've been having an issue with 3rd party SCORMS being completed after a learner has made their first attempt. Our own uploaded SCORMS work fine, this could be a setting on the SCORM creator's side but I'm not sure. On our side, we have it set to unlimited attempts.

Let’s say the user leaves the quiz at this screen having not completed Q2:

The score is recorded as having only completed 33% of the quiz so far:

I go back to finish the SCORM:

But the score is not recorded, I just get the same 33% score as before:

And If I re-enter the SCORM to try to finish it again, I’m met with the option to resume where I “last left off”:

Which is back to question 2:

Resetting the completion status to Not Yet Started doesn’t change the issue.

Can anybody shed some light? Thank you.

Craig Eves
Re: External Scorms won't register completion
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 17 January 2021, 2:56 PM
Group Totara

Hi Paul

Can you first of all confirm that the package is saved in the SCORM 1.2 standard - Totara doesn't fully support SCORM 2004. You can see the version by looking at the imsmanifest.xml file

If this is Ok then try setting the Autocommit to Yes under Site admiin > Plugins  > Activity modules > SCORM package

There is also a setting Enable SCORM 1.2 standard mode - Disabling this setting allows Totara to store more data than the SCORM 1.2 specification allows. If your SCORM packages allow users to enter large amounts of text or if your package tries to store large amounts of data in the suspend_data field disable this.

Is the package stored in Totara or is it hosted externally as theer are some external package setting in SCORM that can be adjusted.

If this doesn't help then please open a ticket in the helpdesk and include a copy of  the SCORM package if possible  and the SCORM activity settings you have.

Regards

Paul Lowndes
by Paul Lowndes - Monday, 18 January 2021, 4:07 AM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2021

Thanks for your advice Craig. I will give this a try.

Mo Zw
by Mo Zw - Tuesday, 23 May 2023, 8:38 AM

Hi Paul

Has it worked for you😊?