Totara Learn Open Discussions

how to allow Super-scripted Symbols as part of Course / Program / certificate string.

Veera Subramanian
how to allow Super-scripted Symbols as part of Course / Program / certificate string.
by Veera Subramanian - Tuesday, 26 January 2021, 11:17 PM

Hi All, 

our client want to allow Super-scripted Symbols as part of Course / Program / certificate for their legal and branding purpose.

by default Totara text input restrict html entities line <sup>@</sup> in Course / Program / certificate for example title, course section and course activity title) etc... 

our client legal and branding team set this requirement is a mandatory item for there LMS implementation. 

could you please let me know is there any possibility to make this happen.

Thanks & Regards,

Veera Subramanian V 

Craig Eves
Re: how to allow Super-scripted Symbols as part of Course / Program / certificate string.
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 31 January 2021, 2:15 PM
Group Totara

Hi Veera

Theoretically this can be done by enabling a filter that supports super script on Content and headings and typing in the content in the correct format.

For example using the TeX filter and typing in \$$ Content^superscript content \$$ should work but I tried this out and it doesn't .

I think  either I don't have TeX installed (this is installed by default so probably is) or my format is not correct

Are you able to try this approach and see if you can get this to work? if not we can investigate further  

Regards

Veera Subramanian
Re: how to allow Super-scripted Symbols as part of Course / Program / certificate string.
by Veera Subramanian - Wednesday, 24 February 2021, 7:08 AM

Thanks for your suggestion Craig, we have provided the solution for this. we have define the standard input like [reg] and replace the string with the  html <sup>&reg;</sup> while rendering in the browser.