Totara Learn Open Discussions

Triggering the Seminar booking date/time changed notification question

Larry Mitipelo
Triggering the Seminar booking date/time changed notification question
על ידי Larry Mitipelo בתאריך 4/03/2021, 12:53
קבוצה Most Helpful Contributor 2021קבוצה Most Helpful Contributor 2022קבוצה Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi,

I was asked to set up a workshop that is a Teams meeting but they didn't have the Teams link available when I set it up.

This wasn't ideal as then the link isn't included in the meeting invite that was sent to their calendar.

I now have the link and I can add it to the workshop details but ideally I'd like to trigger the change of details notification (which it is in a way) so then the link is in their calendar invite.

As a workaround I could set up another "room" and change it to that or make a tiny change to the time to trigger the notification.

Is there another way I could trigger it?

thanks

Sue Blake
Re: Triggering the Seminar booking date/time changed notification question
על ידי Sue Blake בתאריך 4/03/2021, 22:45
קבוצה Good learner 2023קבוצה Most Helpful Contributor 2022קבוצה Most helpful contributor 2023קבוצה TXP Site Administratorקבוצה V18 Program Complete
Hi Larry, we have created Zoom and Teams as rooms as well and include the login information in the details of the seminar activity.  

We have been doing what you are suggesting in changing the 'room' to trigger a change notification with the login details to the attendees.  Not aware of any other way to do it (other than sending an attendee message but that won't update their calendar info).  

I would be interested to know if there is another workaround.

Regards

Sue