Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Program Messages - Managers

Sue Blake
Program Messages - Managers
by Sue Blake - Friday, 19 March 2021, 5:14 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site Administrator

We have a program that is set to visibility for enrolled users only.

It transpires the Message that the Line Manager gets includes text from the message module that states  'More Details can be found out hyperlink....   

The problem is that the Managers aren't necessarily enrolled on the program themselves so if they click the link cannot access the course page.

I've been advised by our partners that changing/removing this statement would be a global change which we wouldn't want.

Wondering if anyone else has come across this issue or have an alternative solution?

Thanks

Sue

Craig Eves
Re: Program Messages - Managers
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 21 March 2021, 2:49 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sue

Can you provide more details of the manager's message that includes the More details text.

Messages for programs are able to be modified on a per program basis - but this may be a system message.

Regards 

Sue Blake
by Sue Blake - Sunday, 21 March 2021, 11:18 PM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site Administrator

Hi Craig, 

I have attached a screenshot, the highlighted text is was not added by me but by our system.  

Also, I've just realised I've posted this question on the wrong forum.  We are still using Version 12, hope this doesn't impact my question and your response.

Thanks

Sue

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 22 March 2021, 2:15 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sue

Thanks for the information , this message does look like the program due message that is able to have content added to it.

Can you check the 'Electrical Workers competency Programme' Messages tab to see what appears in the Notice for manager section. If you can't see the More details text then not sure how this is being added - maybe a customisation or text that isn't visible in the manager section

Regards

Sue Blake
by Sue Blake - Tuesday, 23 March 2021, 12:18 AM

Hi Craig, I've checked and that text and link don't appear in any of the Managers Notices.  

I will speak to our Totara Partner again but had the impression it wasn't a customisation as they had said it was a global setting.

Thanks

Sue

Sue Blake
by Sue Blake - Tuesday, 23 March 2021, 2:05 AM

Craig, here is a screenshot of where that part of the message comes from.  

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 23 March 2021, 2:48 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sue

You are right, this part of the message does come from the the language pack so is a global setting unfortunately.

I didn't realise that this was added to every custom program overdue manager message automatically without the ability to turn this off.

I will discuss with our developers as we are currently doing some work on centralised notifications.

Regards

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 23 March 2021, 5:02 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sue

Feedback from the teem is the centralised notification work will mean program notifications will have a customised copy that can be edited for user notifications separately from a notification that goes to manager .  This will be possible on the site level and it also be changed at the program level.

regards

Sue Blake
by Sue Blake - Wednesday, 24 March 2021, 1:08 AM

Thanks Craig, any idea when this will be implemented?

Sue

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 29 March 2021, 6:29 PM
Group Totara

hi Sue

This is on the radar and priority of this feature will be reassessed once Totara 14 has been released shortly.

regards 

Tayla Craig
by Tayla Craig - Monday, 13 June 2022, 12:01 PM
Group Partners

We ran into this issue as well, and reported it for V11. 

https://totara.community/local/publictracker/issuedetail.php?key=TL-34541