Totara Learn Open Discussions

Evidence Bank Report

vijay Nanduri
Evidence Bank Report
by vijay Nanduri - Friday, 2 April 2021, 7:37 AM

We have created evidence bank for each of our sites to maintain the external qualification and certification data.

QUalification Name, Issue date, and expirty date.

We would like to create a report that can be run / schedule monthly to alert our admins of when each employee quals, trade tickets are expiring. Is is it possible to cretae a custom report for evidences?

Craig Eves
Re: Evidence Bank Report
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 5 April 2021, 7:57 PM
Group Totara

Hi Vijay

There is a report source Evidence in Totara 13 that can be used to provide these details. 

Any custom fields that are added to evidence such as expiry date will be available to the report builder and able to be scheduled with filters applied.

Regards

vijay Nanduri
by vijay Nanduri - Thursday, 8 April 2021, 7:23 PM

thank you Craig, I will look into this,

Is it possible to bulk upload evidence, that was created under the evidence bank? ihave around 900 records of employees with the license and forklift details. Should i use the same completion records bulk - to upload these evidences?

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 8 April 2021, 8:16 PM
Group Totara

Hi Vijay

There is an upload course completions that allows evidence to be uploaded .

Use a course id  that doesn't exist in the system and the completion will be added as evidence to the user's Record of Learning.

Regards

vijay Nanduri
by vijay Nanduri - Thursday, 8 April 2021, 9:02 PM

hi Craig,

the evidence bank i created has the following fileds, its a custom evidence that we havre created

evidence name - HR truck license

date of issue - 22/09/2018

date of expiry - 22/09/2027

state that issues - QLD

License number = 12345678

Will i be able to upload all the above information? My concern the custom upload template doesnt have the above fields?

Appreciate your support here.

vijay Nanduri
by vijay Nanduri - Friday, 9 April 2021, 7:24 AM

Craig,

i dont see this drop down in our screen, do i have to turn on something? Default Evidence type - select evidence type. we are Totara 13.6

Uploading completion records.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 11 April 2021, 3:45 PM
Group Totara

Hi Vijay

You are right I can't find the option to select an evidence type in Totara 13 - I will try and find out if something needs to be enabled for this to show or if this has been taken out .

Regards

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 11 April 2021, 4:04 PM
Group Totara

Hi Vijay

It looks like this was taken out of 13.

There are plans to add a tool to allow evidence and custom fields to be imported. This is likely to appear in a later version of 14 - resources permitting.

Sorry about the conflicting information - I will get the docs changed.

Regards

vijay Nanduri
by vijay Nanduri - Sunday, 11 April 2021, 5:17 PM

Oh thats shame Craig.

Thank you so much for chasing this up for me. Given that its not there, any idea how you want me to approach this?

I am migrating historical data (1000s of them) and I want them to appear under the evidence bank section and not under the other evidence section.

By using the evidence bank, our site adminstrators will have an neat user interface to add qualifications.

Any workaround to bulk upload ?

Malinda Brown
by Malinda Brown - Friday, 4 March 2022, 12:38 PM

Did you ever find a solution for this? 

I have the same problem. 

vijay Nanduri
by vijay Nanduri - Sunday, 6 March 2022, 3:52 PM

HI Malinda,

Our Totara partner wrote a custom report for us. There is no out of the box solutions at the moment, which is a shame,

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 6 March 2022, 4:35 PM
Group Totara

Hi Malinda

The import of custom fields for evidence was added in 13.10 and the inclusion of evidence type custom fields in evidence reports was added in 13.12 by TL-29566

Regards