Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

TXP demo webinar 28 April 2021

Meredith Henson
TXP demo webinar 28 April 2021
by Meredith Henson - Tuesday, 11 May 2021, 10:00 AM
Group Totara

Hi all,

The recording of the Totara Talent Experience Platform demo (delivered 28th April 2021) is now available through 'Webinars on Demand' here on the Totara Community.

There were a few questions Matt and I didn't have time to get through, so please find the Q&A below.  If you have any other questions about the Totara TXP, please feel free to post here, reach out a Totara Partner or contact us.

Q Does the SSO work with Drupal 8?

A There are a few of authentication APIs that Totara and Drupal have in common, including OAuth2, so yes, you would absolutely be able to set up SSO between the two.

Q We are considering Totara (potentially utilizing both Learn and Engage as we're interested in the LXP space) and a few other more out-of-the-box systems... We do not currently have staff who are LMS admins or developers. What kind of staffing do you recommend to organizations who are seriously considering Totara? <clip>

A This is a great question! If you don't have a lot of technical staff in your organisation, I'd suggest you work with a Totara Partner who will be able to look after the installation, hosting and technical support of your site.  Internally you'll want at least one site administrator to look after the users and general configuration.  If you're creating a lot of your own content and in particular, leveraging the course and content authoring tools available within Learn and Engage, then you might also consider having a course creator on the team.  You might find this article a good kick-start in your planning: https://www.totaralearning.com/en/blog/what-ask-prospective-lms-support-provider

Q Is there a planning tool within Totara, what can be linked to the facilitators and can communicate with for example outlook?

A There are a few planning-type tools available within the Seminar tool.  When you create rooms, equipment and facilitators within the site, you can manage booking/availability/calendars for each.  You can also use the seminar dashboards/reports to see all upcoming sessions across the site or per facilitator.  When you set up a seminar activity you can also opt to send calendar invites to attendees - these invites are compatible with Outlook (and Google Calendar)

Q Can Totara act as an HRIS too? We'd love something that's all in one place. i.e. Absence/employee details etc.

A It could, (nothing is ever impossible with open software) but it would require some custom development.  You can create custom profile fields and capture a lot of information, but managing absences etc would need some thinking through.  Remember you can connect an HRIS to Totara - giving a feeling of one system.

Q Could you remind me if the URL can be fully the organization URL, or "totara" will appear in it?

A The URL of your Totara site can be whatever you like (provided you own the domain!) As an example, check out: https://education.wella.com/

Q Is it possible to see the objectives section of totara perform?

A I'm sorry we didn't get to Goals/Objectives!  Maybe check out the Academy course videos on Goals as a first step?