Totara Perform Open Discussions

Manager view of performance activities

Rebecca Hunter
Manager view of performance activities
by Rebecca Hunter - Wednesday, 12 May 2021, 9:27 AM

Good afternoon

I am looking at Perform to replace our current use of the V12 appraisal functionally. We use Totara for the performance management of apprentices and so a coach looks after a cohort of learners.

I have been looking at V13 with Perform and one question I have is the navigation for a manager. In V12 We have a report showing a manager (coach) a list of learners in their cohort. In this report, the learner name has quick links to certain site areas such as the learning plan/goals/appraisals. This means a coach can access a specific learners appraisal via this report. In V13 and perform I cannot see this as an option and the only way to access all performant activities is via the menu at the top 'Develop. This gives a list of all performance activities for all students belonging to the coach. There is no search and with a large cohort, this would be an unmanageable way of accessing the activities.

Have I missed another option?

Many thanks

Becki.

Phil Williscroft
Re: Manager view of performance activities
by Phil Williscroft - Thursday, 13 May 2021, 8:25 PM

Hi Rebecca.

This report is still available.

1. Of course the manager needs to be setup as such in job assignment as the cohort's manager
  2. This grants the staff manager permissions to that manager
  3. Thus they can access the Team page my/teammembers.php (and see the users they manager)

4. Finally, you need to grant the permission Report on a performance activity subject's responsesmod/perform:report_on_subject_responses.
    This allows the staff manager to see their team's performance content.
  5. Granting Report on all performance activity subjects' responses gives access to everyone's, don't give them that.

Staff performance Content permission

I hope this clarifies the issue

Cheers

Rebecca Hunter
Re: Manager view of performance activities
by Rebecca Hunter - Friday, 14 May 2021, 4:51 AM

Thank you.