Totara Learn Open Discussions

Current learning block showing courses part of a certification

Clive Massyn
Current learning block showing courses part of a certification
by Clive Massyn - Thursday, 13 May 2021, 7:34 PM

Hi guys, 

I see in the v12 help documentation under the 'current learning' block there are rules in place that prevent a course that is part of a certification from showing up in the current learning block to avoid duplication. I have found that this is not the case with our current learning block - the learner is shown the certification name (with cert icon) and the separate course too. It doesn't seem to be a problem with a new staff member but once we get into re-certifications it shows both to the learner?

Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

Clive 

Craig Eves
Re: Current learning block showing courses part of a certification
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 13 May 2021, 8:28 PM
Group Totara

Hi Clive

I am not sure what you are seeing is it similar to below - the courses appear when the chevron on left of Certificate is clicked. I think this is what the help docs are trying to say

Regards

Clive Massyn
by Clive Massyn - Thursday, 13 May 2021, 11:00 PM

Hi Craig, 

I have attached an image of what the learner saw and this caused confusion because they completed the original course instead of the re-certification. The name of the certification is the same as the original certification path course name (so that could change) but it still doesn't make sense why it would show up separately instead of under the chevron as you suggested.

Clive 

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 17 May 2021, 7:28 PM
Group Totara

Hi Clive

This looks like an earlier version of the current learning block - can you go to manage blocks and check what version of the Current learning block you are using?

regards

Clive Massyn
by Clive Massyn - Monday, 17 May 2021, 8:20 PM

Hi Craig, version number is 2018112200?

Clive

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 24 May 2021, 4:15 PM
Group Totara

Hi Clive

I tried using the Current learning Block with this version and the expand chevron still showed.

Are you using a customised theme - does using the standard Basis theme make this appear?

Regards