Totara Learn Open Discussions

Automatic sign-up for sessions via audiences?

PuacaVladimir
Automatic sign-up for sessions via audiences?
PuacaVladimir 发表于 2021年05月24日 Monday 11:55
小组 Most Helpful Contributor 2021

Hi folks, 

I'm trying to find a way to support an onboarding process in one of the local offices in my company. Onboarding consists of 8-9 webinar courses (depending on the audience to which they are categorized) that users have to attend. There is usually 1 event per month on every one of those courses. The requirement set by local office is that new joiners should go through all assigned courses within 2 months of arrival. 

The challenge that I'm facing is when trying to get LMS to automatically sign up a relevant audience to the first available event in the course. 

Namely, I would like (if possible) that all colleagues who join at a certain date be signed up the first available session on every one of those courses. 

The alternative is that users have to launch the course (or access it) and sign up for an event manually. I aim to avoid this step, but I'm not sure if that is possible. 

Did anyone face any similar challenges (& found useful solutions for them)? 

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Vlad

Craig Eves
Re: Automatic sign-up for sessions via audiences?
Eves (Totara Support)Craig 发表于 2021年05月24日 Monday 14:32
小组 Totara

Hi Vlad

A seminar is an activity in a course so enrolling a user in a course doesn't add them to a seminar activity event.

However there is an enrolment method - seminar direct enrolment  that has an option Automatically sign up users to seminar events when set to No  they will be signed up to the earliest event with either a space or waiting list.

Regards

PuacaVladimir
PuacaVladimir 发表于 2021年05月25日 Tuesday 03:56
小组 Most Helpful Contributor 2021

Hi Craig, 

thank you very much for replying. 

I've tested the Seminar direct enrolment and it performs as you described but at this point, this doesn't support the onboarding training process in that local office as I imagined 😊

From my perspective, it would be very convenient if LMS were to support this process so that when a new joiner starts he/she has invitations waiting for them in their inbox. But hey, maybe I'm just too prone to daydreaming. 

I suppose that we'll concoct a message instructing them to book a seat manually 😊 

If anyone had any similar experiences with onboarding training via webinars, feel free to share them here.

Best, 

Vlad

WeissStefan
WeissStefan 发表于 2024年03月22日 Friday 08:15

@Vlaidmir: Has there been any solution since you posted this 3 years ago? We are looking for the exact same use case and process that "auto sign in to session" function for onboarding management. Thanks: Stefan