Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

What's New in v14 webinar 12 May 2021

Meredith Henson
What's New in v14 webinar 12 May 2021
by Meredith Henson - Monday, 24 May 2021, 12:54 PM
Group Totara

Hi all,

Thank you for everyone who attended (or later watched) our webinar on 'What's New in Totara v14'  The recording is now available via the Community and I've worked through the Q&A and found a few questions I didn't get through so here goes...

Q: Any examples with what improved related to accessibility?

A: There has been a real mix.  A good chunk were updates/fixes to meet WCAG 2.1 standards but there have also been minor behind the scenes changes such as adding keyboard navigation, improvements for screen readers and other assistive technologies, adding accessible names to some page elements etc.

Q: Can we see more of the system rather than just screenshots?

A: Yes - now v14 has been fully released! ;D  I'm offering a full TXP demo on Wednesday this week, so you'll be able to see all three products live and unfiltered.

Q: What about Google Meet/WebEx integration. Is it on the roadmap?

A: We are currently assessing the relative priorities of extended the Seminar web conferencing API with the likes of Google Meet, WebEx etc.  The integrations roadmap is already set for v15 (stay tuned for some very cool things coming then) but we'll be looking at what's next for v16 (scheduled for April/May next year)

Q: What were the attachments you mentioned for the reports?

A: Attached exports files for scheduled reports

Q: Are you planning to be a partner for Microsoft Viva Learning in the future?

A: We are considering a range of options around Totara and Microsoft Viva.

Q: The menu of the Totara App - already possible to translate?

A: The mobile app language can be edited through the standard language editing tool across Totara products.

Q: I see SVG as an option for the branding. Will SVG be an acceptable format for images across the site (course catalog, etc.)?

A: SVG is an option for course catalogue images and many other image areas now.

Q: In a roadmap a while ago, the plan was to remove appraisal functionality from Learn in v14. I assume that's no longer the case, but when do you plan to do so?

A: As we brought forward the release of v14 to Q2 of 2021, we have not yet removed the legacy appraisal functionality in this update.  The deprecation of this functionality will happen at some stage however when this occurs is dependent upon a functional upgrade path being available for all customers using Totara Learn's legacy Appraisals, to allow them to migrate their performance management content, data and processes to Totara Perform.

Q: When will partners be able to get access to Totara 14?

A: Partners were given access to a Release Candidate at the end of April.  The full release is however now available to subscribers.

Q: When will the v14 features be added to the matrix link that you have?

A: I'm guessing by matrix you mean the version comparison table? (Matrix sounds way cooler though!)  If so, it's available now (at the time of this webinar we'd not released v14 so the new docs weren't published) but you can now find it at:  https://help.totaralearning.com/display/TH14/Comparing+Totara+versions

Q: We tested Totara Learn 13 and saw the Evidence Bank as a replacement for Other Evidence.  But it didn't seem to be totally implemented which affected our decision to upgrade.  Can you discuss the improvements that we can expect in Totara 14?

A: We've not made any changes to Evidence across v14, but I'd been keen to hear more about your struggle with Evidence in v13 as it provided the same functionality as v11/12 it just added a little extra around custom forms. Please feel to reach out directly or through your Partner to let us know more info.

Q: Can you have a completion report for multiple courses at one time?

A: Sure!  Try the Course Completion report source and add perhaps a Category filter?

Thanks all!

Angela Grollmisch
Re: What's New in v14 webinar 12 May 2021
by Angela Grollmisch - Wednesday, 8 September 2021, 11:51 PM

I was specifically searching for the integration of Totara into Viva Learning. To be honest, the answer to that question doesn't really help. Rolling out Viva Learning in an organization using Totara does not make sense if I can integrate Udemy, EdEx, LinkedIn Learning but not Totara. It is just like creating a competitive space to the LMS which also impacts negatively on the teams feeding the LMS and managing the LMS. Imagine if internal stakeholders request to have Viva Learning because companies not only use trainings from just one source, and the training department cannot show the current courses. Any content provider will go away from a Totara-based LMS and put content on SharePoint because it can be integrated easily into Viva Learning. It becomes political if there is no such option at least in T15. 

Thanks for considering, Angela