Totara Learn Open Discussions

Totara certificate plugin

Andy Heath
Totara certificate plugin
de Andy Heath - Wednesday, 9 de June de 2021, 08:46

Hi all

We're finally getting round to upgrading our Totara 2.9 site to Totara Learn 13 next month!
I'm loving the new tiled course catalogue and other new features so am really looking forward to the upgrade. Very excited!

But... we will lose access to the moodle custom certificate plugin where we currently have some really nice bespoke designed certificates with numerous logos / images per certificate.

I'm finding the certificate plugin on T13 very basic and it only allows certain elements to be added such as a logo / seal or a signature.

I've tried adding our organisational logo to the certificate as the seal/logo but it's too big and half of the text disappears off the screen because of its fixed placement. If I add the logo to the "border" as part of the background, it's then really blurry.

Is there anything in the roadmap to improve this plugin and increase its flexibility?

In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions about how I can add multiple logos / images to a certificate?

Thanks for reading :-)

Andy

Rachel Griffith-Boyes
Re: Totara certificate plugin
de Rachel Griffith-Boyes - Wednesday, 9 de June de 2021, 09:34
Grupo Totara
Hi Andy,

Congratulations on the upcoming upgrade - exciting times! 

In the Totara Academy, we award certificates for our programs, and to customise the look and feel a little more we use a custom background for our certificates. You could create a custom background which includes all of the logos/images you'd like to use and then apply that to your certificates. We have a short video on creating certificates in our Grading, completion and certificates course which mentions this in case that's helpful. There's also a page on Certificates in our Help documentation

Other Community users may have more suggestions too!

Let us know how you get on!

Rachel

Sue Blake
de Sue Blake - Wednesday, 9 de June de 2021, 23:14
Grupo Good learner 2023Grupo Most Helpful Contributor 2022Grupo Most helpful contributor 2023Grupo TXP Site AdministratorGrupo V18 Program Complete

Hi Andy

We had a similar issue when we started using certificates in version 12 and I created a forum post about it.  Craig confirmed that the best solution was to create and upload the certificate template as an image and then added it as the Border Image.  We now have a number of different certificate templates that can be used (we have different ones as they have different signatures depending on the course category).

Sue

Andy Heath
de Andy Heath - Thursday, 10 de June de 2021, 03:42

Thanks Sue. 

Really appreciate your reply. Looks like I will need to do the same :-)

Have sorted my blurry logo problem by using a much higher quality image upload.

Think I still may have to tweak the php in order to change some of the text positions as they're all hard-coded.

Rgds

Andy