Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

question bank

Lynda Wheeler
question bank
by Lynda Wheeler - Saturday, 3 July 2021, 9:29 PM

Hi

We have Totara 14 and have created many questions. When I export them i can only export the questions. Is there any report or way to export both questions and answers for questions that are in various formats ( drag and drop words, true/ false or multi-choice?

I am looking to develop a 'cheat sheet' for our educators so they can assist with queries faster ( only they will view the answers, not the learner!)

Thanks

Lynda Wheeler

Craig Eves
Re: question bank
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 4 July 2021, 8:21 PM
Group Totara

Hi Lynda

When you export the questions can you choose either Totara XML format or XHTML format. This format should contain content abut the questions and grading and question type.

This file should be able to be imported back into Totara by selecting the same format as it was exported in.

Regards

Lynda Wheeler
by Lynda Wheeler - Sunday, 4 July 2021, 10:39 PM

Hi Craig,

I have three options for exporting the question bank questions per category:

a) Gift

b) Totara XML format

c) XHTML format

I am looking to give the exported file to our educators to use as a reference when a person calls to discuss the issues they are having with particular questions, not to restore or upload again to Totara. 

Options b & C only provide the questions, not the correct responses and option a comes in notebook format which when I converted to excel was pretty unreadable and from what I could read also onlu provided the questions in the format they appear in the Totara quiz.

Is there any report I can run to show both Question and correct answer, or a way of downloading both the Q & A in a readable format?

Many thanks

Lynda

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 5 July 2021, 3:00 PM
Group Totara

Hi Lynda

The three formats on offer for export don't provide a very readable format - the Totara XML does provide all the information when viewed but hard to understand. 

Using a Quiz authoring tool to produce the Totara Quizzes will make these more readable 

regards