Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Error when trying to edit quiz questions/set up

Ryan Speck
Error when trying to edit quiz questions/set up
by Ryan Speck - Thursday, 4 November 2021, 12:06 PM

When you go in to edit a quiz and then a quiz question it takes you to a page that says "This page isn't working". Once you get there you can't get back to the quiz as it take you out of Totara. What would be causing this to happen?

Craig Eves
Re: Error when trying to edit quiz questions/set up
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 4 November 2021, 8:07 PM
Group Totara

Hi Ryan

This could be because the quiz has had an attempt and this means you won't be able to edit a question in the quiz. If this is the case then you would need to delete the attempts using the gradebook and then edit the question.

If there are no attempts can you provide more details on the type of question and the exact error message that is displayed.

Regards

Ryan Speck
by Ryan Speck - Friday, 5 November 2021, 5:39 AM

The quiz has no attempts, it is in the creation mode. In the screenshot I attached we are clicking on the gear icon beside question 5 to add another option as an answer. When we click on the gear we are taken to the screen shown on the second screenshot. This seems like a coding error? Have there been any patches that address this? From what my users have told me it used to not function this way. We are on version 12.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 7 November 2021, 12:15 PM
Group Totara

Hi Ryan

Are you able to create a support ticket with information on the  version of 12 you have, settings in the quiz and anything recently done such as upgrading.

Any extra information on the error message by turning on debugging or through the server log would be helpful.

Regards