Totara Learn Open Discussions

Reminders

Hayley Bradley
Reminders
by Hayley Bradley - Thursday, 11 November 2021, 2:57 AM

Hi

I have set up reminders to go to learners asking them to complete feedback.

They should be sent once the trainer has marked them as complete on the seminar activity and then 7 days after.

They do not seem to be sending? Not sure where i have gone wrong on this?

Appreciate any help with this.

Many thanks

Vladimir Puaca
Re: Reminders
by Vladimir Puaca - Thursday, 11 November 2021, 5:19 AM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2021

Hi Hayley, 

as much as I can see, you set the trigger for sending Feedback to be course completion (option Completion to track). 

Unless the Seminar activity is set to be the only activity on the course that users need to complete in order to be completed on course level, that is where your problem might lie. 

An alternative would be to set the trigger for the Feedback activity to be Seminar activity completion. 

Also, after testing I've come to discover that if you want reminders to be sent in relation to the completion of an activity on the course, then this activity has to be one of the activities upon which completion of the course depends (this is limiting, but I suppose OK). 

Hope this helps. 

Best, 
Vlad

Hayley Bradley
by Hayley Bradley - Thursday, 11 November 2021, 5:44 AM

Hi Vlad

Thank you for your reply.

I have set the feedback activity a restriction so that it is only available when they have been marked as completed for the seminar.

In the completion to track option, it only gives me the option for course completion and nothing else.

Even after asking learners to complete feedback we are not getting much uptake so just wanted to be able to send automatic reminders

many thanks

Hayley

Vladimir Puaca
by Vladimir Puaca - Thursday, 11 November 2021, 6:32 AM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2021

Hi Hayley, 

no problem :) It's quite OK to set the restriction for the feedback, we also restrict access although more and more I'm asking myself why :) 

However, I think that the option to track the completion of the Seminar activity as a trigger for sending the feedback reminder doesn't appear for you because the Seminar activity is not set in the Course completion as a condition. 

To set seminar activity as a condition for course completion, while on the course page you can go to Course Completion and mark the seminar activity as a condition for course completion. 

Step 1 (Image 1)

Step 2

After this is done, you can set the Seminar activity completion as trigger for sending the Feedback reminder (Image 3)

Hope this helps :)

Best, 
Vlad

Hayley Bradley
by Hayley Bradley - Thursday, 11 November 2021, 8:17 AM

Thats great, thank you so much for your help. 

I have made those changes so hopefully future learners will receive the reminder.

Many thanks

Hayley