Totara Perform Open Discussions

Assign course completion to competencies - rolesystem

Peter Stollberg
Assign course completion to competencies - rolesystem
by Peter Stollberg - Friday, 3 December 2021, 2:02 AM

Hi everyone,

I am on Totara 13 and face some issues when assigning competencies within a course.

Within a course the role of "editing trainer" doesn't have the right to assign his course completion to a competence. The button to do this can be seen under course administration -> competencies -> "assign course completion to competencies" but it is only available to Site Managers.

I checked the role/permission system and from my point of view access to this feature within a course is only available for users with the "hierarchy: update competency" set to allowed and the role must be within a system wide context.

This is quite odd, in my opinion the editing trainer should know best what competencies can be achieved within his course and the intervention of a site admin should not be needed.

Can you support me here, how to enable an editing trainer to assign his course completion to a competency?

Best regards,

Peter

Craig Eves
Re: Assign course completion to competencies - rolesystem
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 6 December 2021, 7:26 PM
Group Totara

Hi Peter

There is an existing feature request for this TL-17782 with discussion 

In Totara 13 achievement paths were introduced with criteria based paths using course completions . I am not sure if this also introduced new non site level permissions to allow this - when I looked I couldn't find any extra ones.

regards