Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Course completion report

Stephen Catton
Course completion report
by Stephen Catton - Monday, 13 December 2021, 5:15 AM

I have accidentally enrolled some people into an audience that was enrolled in some courses.

Although I have removed them from the Audience the courses are still showing up in their course completion report.

Is there a way to remove them?

Cheers

Stephen

Craig Eves
Re: Course completion report
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 13 December 2021, 4:27 PM
Group Totara

Hi Stephen 

There is a bulk deletion script in Totara that will delete unstarted course completion records of users that are not enrolled in a course.

Running the the script  admin/cli/delete_unused_course_completions.php -- help provides information on the options for running this

Regards

Stephen Catton
by Stephen Catton - Tuesday, 14 December 2021, 9:24 AM

Hello Craig

You might have just saved my mind/life/job.

Will this have any impact where users, who have been correctly allocated courses via audience sync, but have yet to start. Will these courses, rightly, still show up as not started in a course completion report?

Cheers

Stephen

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 14 December 2021, 4:33 PM
Group Totara

Hi Stephen

It sounds like these records would be deleted too unless you put in a date from when the records need to be deleted from. 

If you use the help option there will be information on the date parameters that can be used. The audience enrolment probably would have happened at the same time if they were enrolled using a dynamic audience.

I haven't actually used this script but was involved in requesting this script be created for scenarios like yours..

Regards