Totara Learn Open Discussions

User Tours

Maitane Artano Aldalur
User Tours
de Maitane Artano Aldalur - Tuesday, 14 de December de 2021, 00:59

Hi everyone, 

Inside totara I am configuring user tours from the following URL: /admin/tool/usertours/configure.php

My question is, do you know if the text that is added in the steps can be multilang and can be formatted (bold, letter size,...)?

Thank you!!

Craig Eves
Re: User Tours
de Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 14 de December de 2021, 15:10
Grupo Totara

Hi Martane

There are areas in the User tours which are free text, they're not translatable by using mulitlang strings in HTML. This means either you use one language or have custom text for each language i.e. custom User tours.

I think what might be the best solution here is to place custom tours in areas which are only accessible by users with specific language settings - that would be areas which can be presented to users via dynamic audiences using the 'Language preference' rule.

Under 'Apply to URL match' in User tours the inline help states:

Tours will be displayed on any page whose URL matches this value.

You can use the % character as a wildcard to mean anything. Some example values include:

• /my/% - to match the Dashboard
  • /course/view.php?id=2 - to match a specific course
  • /mod/forum/view.php% - to match the forum discussion list
  • /user/profile.php% - to match the user profile page
If you wish to display a tour on the Site Home page, you can use the value: FRONTPAGE.

I think having a custom language tour in a dashboard which is present to users who have preferred a specific language would be the way to go.

It looks like html tags you add to the user tour content is stripped out in some locations such as Title but Ok in places such as Content so adding  <b> tags</b>  should work.

Regards

Maitane Artano Aldalur
Re: User Tours
de Maitane Artano Aldalur - Thursday, 16 de December de 2021, 03:48

Perfect Craig, thank you for the info. Very useful!