Totara Learn Open Discussions

Totara 13, 14, and 15 Release Notes

Carol Papish-Putnam
Totara 13, 14, and 15 Release Notes
par Carol Papish-Putnam, Wednesday 5 January 2022, 13:44

Is there any way to get a comprehensive list of the changes to Totara 13, 14, and 15 (specifically for Totara Learn)?  We plan to upgrade from v 12 to v15 in the spring and would like to make sure we have the whole list of changes so we can figure out which ones pertain to our use of Totara.  (About a year ago we did some earlier testing on 13 but had some concerns about the changes to Evidence so decided to wait.)

If I have to search through the forums to find the different release notes, I'll do that but I was hoping not to have to go that route.

Thanks in advance.

Carol.

Sam Hemelryk
Re: Totara 13, 14, and 15 Release Notes
par Sam Hemelryk, Wednesday 5 January 2022, 14:36
Groupe Totara

Hello Carol,

The changelogs posted in the release notes forum are likely the most comprehensive list of changes available for each release.
You can find the major release change logs using the following links:

It is not possible to get a list from those however of just the changes specifically impacting Totara Learn.

Kind regards
Sam Hemelryk
Paul Lowndes
par Paul Lowndes, Thursday 6 January 2022, 07:36
Groupe Most Helpful Contributor 2021

Hi Carol

We're looking to do the same. It would be interesting to see you document how your progress with your upgrade if you have time to avoid any pitfalls!

We are also on T12 with minimal customisations.

Thanks

Paul

Meredith Henson
par Meredith Henson, Monday 10 January 2022, 07:46
Groupe Totara

Hi Carol, Paul,

The version comparison table in the Totara Help Docs calls out major user-facing changes between versions - perhaps this will be of some help to you both?

https://help.totaralearning.com/display/TH15/Comparing+Totara+versions

You can also tap into some of the Webinars on Demand to see the 'What's New in v13/14/15' webinars we ran at release.

Kind regards,

Meredith

Martha Hufham
par Martha Hufham, Thursday 10 March 2022, 14:26

Following - We're looking through release notes and any documentation that would outline the nuances for Learn between v13, v14 and v15 for this same reason.  We need to make a decision very soon to give us time to setup and work with the new site options and see if they meet the needs of everyone involved. I'm interested in connecting with others working through requirements. thank you!

Meredith Henson
par Meredith Henson, Friday 11 March 2022, 05:47
Groupe Totara

Hi Martha,

I just posted a longer reply to a similar question posted in another forum, but I thought for folks following this thread and not the other, I'd re-post some content here.

You might find the What's New pages an easier read than the release notes.  They break down the features by the core platform (so all products) as well as each product:

A couple of Webinars on demand might also be helpful for you:

We'll also be running a webinar one for the upcoming v16 release too - most likely in May - and it would be great if you can join us for that session :)

If you have any questions, let me know!

Regards,
Meredith, Matt and Rachel.

PS - Anyone using v13/14/15 please also post here and let Martha know the features you've been using/enjoying across the latest releases!