Totara Engage Open Discussions

Sharing / resharing 'Engage' resources

Andy Heath
Sharing / resharing 'Engage' resources
by Andy Heath - Wednesday, 19 January 2022, 5:21 AM

Hi all

Hope everyone's well.

I'm liking the ability for people to be able to create resources on Engage - I have a question though for our system:

How do we turn off the re-share facility? The below is a resource that's visible in the catalogue - I don't mind people commenting / liking - however, I'd like to turn off the re-share as I'm worried about the amount of spam this will generate for 6000 users.

Screenshot

I've set the engage/article:share capability to Not set from Allow (see below) - however that doesn't seem to do anything about the re-share - what does this capability control in terms of 'sharing' ?

Any help / advice would be gratefully received.

Version of Totara:

Version 14.3 (Build: 20210806.00)

Configuration flavour: Learn + Engage

Thanks again.

Rgds

Andy

Capabilities

Craig Eves
Re: Sharing / resharing 'Engage' resources
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 20 January 2022, 2:19 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andy

This is the correct capability to prevent someone with this role to prevent the reshare of content.

Are you able to tick the Prevent permission rather than not set?

The user may have more than one role and this may be allowed in the other role such as the authenticated user  so you may need to Prevent this capability.

Regards

Andy Heath
by Andy Heath - Friday, 21 January 2022, 8:47 AM

Hi Craig

Thanks so much for coming back.

I've changed the capability to Prevent - the functionality is "working" but it would be much more graceful if the "re-share" button wasn't visible. 

After clicking on the re-share button, the Reshare dialog appears - I choose a user to share to and then click "Done". The following error then pops up - details then show that I don't have the appropriate permissions.

Error

Tech details

error message

Thanks again - really enjoying playing around with Totara Engage at the moment :-)

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 24 January 2022, 6:54 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andy

Thanks for trying this out - I have created a ticket TL-33510 to fix this error message from displaying  and will let you know when this is fixed

Regards