Totara Learn Open Discussions

Necessary to upgrade from Totara Learn 12?

Naomi DiTullio
Necessary to upgrade from Totara Learn 12?
by Naomi DiTullio - Wednesday, 2 February 2022, 8:05 AM

Please pardon my incredibly novice question. A third-party currently manages and hosts Totara Learn 12 for us and our instance of it is fairly small and without many customizations.

I'm trying to find out how much longer it is recommended to continue using Totara Learn 12 before there are no more security fixes, etc? I also have the same question about Totara Learn 13..... Is there a chart anywhere that would show me the dates that those versions of Totara Learn will no longer be supported by the Totara community?

Thank you so much for any responses.

Austen Sinclair
Re: Necessary to upgrade from Totara Learn 12?
by Austen Sinclair - Wednesday, 2 February 2022, 7:40 PM
Group PartnersGroup TXP Site AdministratorGroup V18 Program Complete

Hi Naomi,

You should wait for the official response from Totara, but in the meantime a good guide is Totara's Life Cycle Policy page:  https://help.totaralearning.com/display/TPD/Totara+Life+Cycle+Policy+Statement

Cheers
Austen

Craig Eves
Re: Necessary to upgrade from Totara Learn 12?
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 3 February 2022, 2:37 PM
Group Totara

Hi Naomi

The Life cycle policy  is the best place to look for this information.

Note that this information can change and can also have extended support added after end of Life.  Currently the official end of life date for Totara 12 is shown as 1st October 2023

Also note that the release notes show if the release is a security release - if it is then we recommend you upgrade to this minor release 

Regards