Totara Learn Open Discussions

Uploading external training into Evidence Bank in Totara 13

Malinda Brown
Uploading external training into Evidence Bank in Totara 13
by Malinda Brown - Friday, 4 March 2022, 10:56 AM

Good afternoon, 

We are in the process of upgrading from Totara 12 - Totara 13 and I am having issues bringing new external training content into the LMS. 

In Totara 12 we use this feature extensively to bring in training credit from external venders using a CSV file. We also upload course credits into the LMS as RPL credits for courses already in the LMS. With the new Evidence Bank being introduced in T13 I cannot seem to get either feature to work. I seem to be missing something. I even rebuilt the evidence fields into a new evidence bank thinking it might be an issue with the existing evidence bank created from the upgrade. I can't help but think I am missing a step to tell the LMS what Evidence Bank I want to upload the data into. 

1. Is there a way in T13 to bring in external training credit using custom fields using a CSV?

2. Is there another method I can use to bulk import external training credits into the LMS? We sometimes bring in 1000+ credits this way into the LMS. 

2. If not do the other versions of Totara solve this issue?

Please let me know if I can clarify what I am trying to do. I would appreciate an answer to this as I am stumped. 

Craig Eves
Re: Uploading external training into Evidence Bank in Totara 13
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 6 March 2022, 1:59 PM
Group Totara

Hi Malinda

The ability to upload evidence custom fields to course completions was added in 13.10 through the Feature request TL-30285.

The evidence type needs to be marked as 'Available for completion import' to be used for import. See Upload course completions for more details

Regards