Totara Learn Open Discussions

Re-uploading a SCORM package

AmericoPaula
Re-uploading a SCORM package
AmericoPaula 发表于 2022年03月17日 Thursday 05:25

Good morning! I seem to have gotten a number of different answers to this question, so I'm trying again. If I update a course and need to re-upload the SCORM package on Totara, will I lose user completion data? Thank you!

BlakeSue
Re: Re-uploading a SCORM package
BlakeSue 发表于 2022年03月17日 Thursday 06:10
小组 Good learner 2023小组 Most Helpful Contributor 2022小组 Most helpful contributor 2023小组 TXP Site Administrator

Hi Paula, I had this issue a couple of months ago.  I updated an Articulate e-learning course I had created and saved it under a new name, I did not realise that the new Articulate SCORM file generated a new LMS Course Information Identifier code when I published it and replaced it on our LMS.   

When I ran the SCORM report in Totara it just showed those who completed the course after the file was updated.  The Course completion report still had all the previous completion information.

Our Articulate external support service said:

When you save with a different name, you effectively created a different course. Ideally, each LMS has a method and process for creating versions of the same course and you have to follow the process. I will recommend that you liaise with your LMS Totara service provider on how to do versioning. From the Articulate perspective, you just need to maintain the same name when publishing.

Hope this info help.

I won't make the same mistake again!

Regards

Sue

AmericoPaula
AmericoPaula 发表于 2022年03月17日 Thursday 06:47

Thank you, Sue!

Craig Eves
Eves (Totara Support)Craig 发表于 2022年03月17日 Thursday 14:15
小组 Totara

Hi Paula

To retain the completion data when the updated package is uploaded into the same activity the SCORM package requires the same item identifier in the imsmanifest.xml file as Sue has stated.

There are details on how to auto-update SCORM used in multiple courses that may be useful

Regards