Totara Learn Open Discussions

Seminar booking reminder

Jen Brookes
Seminar booking reminder
by Jen Brookes - Tuesday, 12 April 2022, 8:24 PM

I'm trying to change when our seminar (workshop) booking reminder is sent. At the moment they are being sent 2 days in advance which doesn't work well when workshops are on a Monday as the reminder comes too late.

Does anyone know where in Totara I can edit the scheduling of the workshop booking reminder to be 4 or 5 days instead of 2 days before start of event.

Workshop booking reminder

Craig Eves
Re: Seminar booking reminder
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 12 April 2022, 8:48 PM
Group Totara

Hi Jen

You can select Add Notification for the seminar and this will give you more options for when the notification is sent and who it is sent to .

Select the reminder template and the content of this template will be added to the notification

Regards

Sue Blake
by Sue Blake - Wednesday, 13 April 2022, 4:00 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site AdministratorGroup V18 Program Complete

Hi Craig, 

We have the same issue and I was previously advised that 2 days was hardcoded and couldn't be changed.  

Is it now possible to edit the global reminder notification and change it to more than 2 days?  Or is it possible to add a new global notification for all seminars.  

The instructions above appear to be what you would need to do for each seminar within each course, which would be very time-consuming.

We are using Version 12.

Regards

Sue

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 13 April 2022, 1:43 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sue

It isn't possible to change the reminder period - there is a feature request https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=18396

The good news is I just checked the seminar notifications in the pre release Totara 16 and the reminder notification is able to be adjusted 

regards

Jen Brookes
by Jen Brookes - Wednesday, 13 April 2022, 1:39 PM

Awesome! This has worked. Thank you.

I added a new notification using the workshop booking reminder template then hide the existing reminder so they don't get 2. It would still be great to change the 2 days to 4 or 5 across all courses but for now we can go in and do it for the ones that have specific reminders or prework to ensure they get the info in time.

We are on version 12.