Totara Learn Open Discussions

Seminar "Join Now" times

Tim Solon
Seminar "Join Now" times
by Tim Solon - Tuesday, 24 May 2022, 10:29 AM

Hi,

Our organization is looking to start making use of Seminar activities. I was able to find in documentation that the "Join Now" button for these will become available for users ~15 minutes before the seminar is scheduled to begin. How long does this "Join Now" button remain available after the Seminar activity has started? I was not able to find that in documentation. We are using Totara 13 currently. 

I appreciate any help!

Craig Eves
Re: Seminar "Join Now" times
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 24 May 2022, 5:42 PM
Group Totara

Hi Tim

The Join now button only appears from 15 minutes before the session start time.

I think that if the session has already started then the user will have to use the placeholder link to the session that is usually included in the confirmation email. - is this right in your experience?

There has been a feature request to change the join now to show when the session is active 

regards

Tim Solon
by Tim Solon - Wednesday, 25 May 2022, 6:58 AM

Hi Craig,

Interesting -- this has not been our experience. We have typically seen the "Join now" button for somewhere between 10 - 15 minutes after the session start time. That said, we've been unable to determine the exact time -- something we want to be able to communicate to our users. 

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 25 May 2022, 5:24 PM
Group Totara

Hi Tim

Are you or your partner able to create a ticket with versions and settings used for the seminar .

I can't see anything reported around the Join Now being after the event has started - it sounds like it may be cron related but can't see why this would happen.

Regards