Totara Learn Open Discussions

Linking facilitators to users

Djamileh Aminian
Linking facilitators to users
بواسطة Wednesday, 6 July 2022, 7:50 AM - Djamileh Aminian
مجموعة 2022 Learner of the Year (Bronze)مجموعة Partnersمجموعة TXP Site Administrator

Dear community,

We need to create a report showing the sessions a trainer is going to facilite in the future, based on his/her belonging to an organisation and being a direct report to a staff manager.

Managers have direct reports that occasionnaly give training as facilitators and they need to see when these direct reports will be in training.

Problems :

• We cannot link the list of facilitators to users (to our knowledge)
  • There are no notion of organization in seminar assignment source
Has someone tried this before ?

Thank you!
Djamileh

Craig Eves
Re: Linking facilitators to users
بواسطة Wednesday, 6 July 2022, 5:06 PM - Craig Eves (Totara Support)
مجموعة Totara

Hi Djamieh

It is possible to add an Internal user as a facilitator but the user fields are not available in the seminar report sources . 

Rather than using facilitators for internal users it might be better to use an event role for the internal user 

Then reports can include the users organisation details and also be restricted in Content tab of report to organisations and event roles 

Regards

Djamileh Aminian
بواسطة Wednesday, 3 August 2022, 5:57 AM - Djamileh Aminian
مجموعة 2022 Learner of the Year (Bronze)مجموعة Partnersمجموعة TXP Site Administrator

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your answer. I finally got round to testing it.

It nearly works, but I wonder if I use the correct source.

I tried with Seminar sign-ups and Seminar Facilitators Assignments, because Seminar Events only allows "show by event role" in the content tab.

When I test with show all records, it works.

However, when I want to restrict by user's organization, I have the impression that it takes the users that are sign up to the events and not the user that has the event role I defined.

What we need to achieve here is a way for managers to see when their staff are going to an event as trainers.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks a lot !

Djamileh

Nedim Osmanovic
بواسطة Wednesday, 31 May 2023, 1:50 AM - Nedim Osmanovic
مجموعة Partnersمجموعة TXP Site Administratorمجموعة V18 Program Complete

Hi Craig, 

we would also be interested if this is possible to create.

Best regards, Nedim