Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

System level Question banks

Stephen Catton
System level Question banks
by Stephen Catton - Tuesday, 26 July 2022, 3:53 AM

Hello folks

Is there a way to allow the non-editing trainer role from a course to be able to see the question banks at the System level?

I want them to be able to view (preview) the question for someone else to add them to a quiz.

Also, does anyone know when we will be able to search by Tag for questions?

Kind regards

Stephen

Craig Eves
Re: System level Question banks
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 28 July 2022, 8:25 PM
Group Totara

Hi Stephen

I tried using the default non editing trainer role in a quiz and this allowed the viewing of questions from the system category in the quiz.

This role doesn't have many permissions - probably the View server repository and  View file system repository need allowing 

I tried to add a question from the question bank based on a tag in a question but couldn't see  an option to search by tag.  This is also the same for random question so don't think his has been implemented yet.

regards

Stephen Catton
by Stephen Catton - Monday, 12 September 2022, 5:16 AM

Hi Craig.

Thank you for your reply.

I have used these instructions to modify permissions to allow certain people to view all questions Question sharer - MoodleDocs

the current Totara allows one to add TAGS to a question but not to be able to search using them.

Newer versions of Moodle allow you to search by TAG after one clicks the add>a random question or Question bank

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 12 September 2022, 6:53 PM
Group Totara

Hi Stephen

Totara do periodically go through the new features in Moodle to evaluate whether they are suitable for inclusion in Totara core.

I cannot see the ticket MDL-61380 as having been evaluated. It looks like this was implemented in Moodle 3.5 whereas  Totara 16 is based on 3.4.9 so will be evaluated soon.

regards